GPS technology is the recent-most innovation that has truly impacted all aspects of our day-to-day life. From smartphones to space exploration, weather forecast to crime solutions; it has penetrated deep into human society. In short, it has seamlessly integrated into modern life. However, this advantageous technology suffers a major setback. This brilliant mobility technology fails to serve its purpose in the absence of accuracy and reliability. This, in turn, demands frequent updates of software and maps. This is a time-consuming process which can be overwhelming for the users.
Rand McNally is not a new name in the GPS industry. The company is dedicated to developing innovative and reliable GPS products. They said to have the mission of making traveling a delight experience. Along with Rand McNally GPS for truckers, they also have developed GPS for regular car commuters. The company fundamentally focuses on three prime segments: Commercial Transportation (Fleet Management and Logistics); Consumer Vehicles (Trucks & cars); and Other vehicles.
Download Rand McNally Dock Software
Rand McNally Dock is a free of cost desktop utility application available for users of all the Rand McNally gadgets. It is an intuitive, user-friendly management console that facilitates complete management of their devices. This brilliant solution supports users in maintaining their sophisticated devices in excellent health. It enriches the user experience with flawless performance. Rand McNally Official website allows you to download this software for free for your system. You need to get the one is suitable for your system and then install it. Follow the below steps:
- Open browser in your system.
- Visit Rand McNally website.
- Click the appropriate link to download the Rand McNally Dock software.
- Navigate to “Save” the file at the desired drive in your desktop.
- Once downloaded; select the file with single left-click.
- Click the “run” option to start the installation.
- After a few seconds, the software will be installed in your system.
Now, whenever you need to Update device or to get latest Lifetime Rand McNally GPS Update, you can use this software.
Register Your Device
First time Rand McNally GPS Update involves an additional step. In other words, you must register your device at the Dock as soon as you receive it after the purchase. It is a crucial process that allows you to access updates and other details specific to your Rand McNally model. Follow the below steps:
- To begin with, connect your device to a power source and charge it completely. In addition to that, you can even keep your device “Plugged in” to the Power Adapter to ensure an uninterrupted process.
- Now, turn on your GPS device. As a result, it will take you to the Main Menu Screen of the device.
- Simultaneously, you should also turn on your computer.
- Next, connect your computer to the internet.
- Then, connect your GPS device to your computer by means of a USB cable. Here, you should use the same USB cable that comes with the device in the package.
- Consequently, it will automatically detect the device and connect to it.
- As such, your GPS device screen will display its status as “Connected”.
- Meanwhile, it will automatically initialize the Rand McNally Dock on your computer screen.
- Thereafter, you will get the user interface of the Dock. Its “Welcome” window will prompt you to Register your GPS device.
- Subsequently, it will prompt you to provide certain basic information.
- To begin with, you will have to enter your first and last name. Then, provide your “Complete Address” in the fields specified for Address, City, State, Zip Code, etc. Additionally, you should enter your “Phone Number”. Moreover, it requires the “Serial Number” of your device.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” icon.
- As a result, you will get a pop-up box. It will provide you with a confirmation message for registration of your device.
- At last, click “OK”.
Steps to Update Rand McNally GPS
- Take out for GPS device from your vehicle.
- Turn it on and connect to your computer.
- Use a USB cable to connect your GPS device to your system.
- Launch Rand McNally Dock software.
- Wait until the initial dock setup completes.
- It will automatically detect your connected device.
- If you are using your GPS device for the first time; you need to register it first.
- The Rand McNally dock will showcase the list of available updates.
- Click on the update name; you wish to download.
- Dock will download the updates, and itself install it on your GPS device.
Complete The Update
Once the update has completed, a message appears that directs the user to disconnect the device from the computer. Unplug the device from its syncing cable and resume use.